Flying Colours Flagmakers Ltd
GDPR 2018 PRIVACY NOTICE
This document refers to personal data, this is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
Flying Colours Flagmakers Ltd (FCF) is pleased to provide the following GDPR information:
Who we are
Flying Colours Flagmakers Ltd is a flag making business involved in printing and manufacturing of Flags, Banners, Bunting, Textile advertisements and supplying Flagpoles and other compatible sales.
FCF uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you information you have requested and also promotional information which FCF believes may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial contact you consent to FCF maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. FCF also occasionally works on behalf of other suppliers in the flagpole industry and will work hard to ensure that these suppliers are fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. FCF may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. FCF may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
Any information FCF holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
FCF will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with our flagmaking related business, this business does not sell or broker your data.
FCF does not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet FCF’s contractual obligations to customers and to respond to sales enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by FCF and/or its clients
To promote the Flagmaking services offered by FCF.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to FCF processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning +44 (0) 1423 860 007 or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
FCFL may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. FCF requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. FCF do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the business without your consent. However, FCF may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The business may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of FCF, its suppliers and/or the wider community.
FCF will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After seven years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using an encrypted server. All data is backed up to Acronis, who is registered within the EU
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst FCF is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that FCF refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
FCF at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (FCF) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of FCF or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
FCF will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If FCF is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning +44 (0) 1423 860 007 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by FCF or its partners, you have the right to complain to Flying Colours Flagmakers Ltd, FAO Managing Director. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Flying Colours Flagmakers Ltd, attention of the Managing Director
The Flag Rooms 1 - 4 Orchard Court Iles Lane Knaresborough North Yorkshire HG5 8PP
Telephone +44 (0) 1423 860 007 or email email@example.com
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Issued 25 May 2018 V1